Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Rez Week

Im thinking I should change the name of my blog to "The Weekenders". Apparently, We only do cool things worth blogging about.... on the weekends. o well. 

Thursday night we had a huge Easter 'Eggstravaganza' where a helicopter dropped thousands of eggs from the sky onto a field where children ran frantically and barbaric to scoop up as many as possible. Luckily, we had already left before the chaos began to get to church in time for The Movement.

Amanda and I


Hayes. I just love this big boy!


Friday night we had Secret Church. David Platt brought the Word in a SEVEN hour long bible study about The Cross and Suffering. It was incredible as we learned of and prayed for our persecuted brothers and sisters around the world. 

And this was the study guide. 200 plus pages jam packed with so much truth!


Notice the red clock in the background... 11:11


The next morning, as we zombied back to life, we headed out to Lake Mississippi {middle of nowhere}
for a Crawfish Boil. Now I consider myself somewhat of a city girl, but I'll gladly become a 'Kuntry gal' if this is livin'. INCREDIBLE. But four days later and my car STILL smells like crawfish from the coolers we brought it in. yuck!


I had some mixed feelings.


Amanda & Jonathan relaxing


Hammock Community





Went four wheeling


Nature walking


Jonathan Spiking the volleyball


There were about 8 people in this jeep 


They fell in a big mud hole :(


Such a great way to conclude Rez Week with some College students! We are blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment