Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Playing Catch up

Hold on to your seats folks cause I am about to dump a lot of 'stuff' on ya.

As it may be a shock to some, I have began training for a run. Not a 5K in particular. I just want the peace of mind knowing if I was on an episode of real life Criminal Minds I would come out on the good end! In the beginning I could not run 30 seconds without collapsing and now I'm up to 3 minutes. {Tonight is 6 minutes. Yikes!} But my neighborhood has the perfect running 'track'. It is almost a mile from our neighborhood sign to our house with three mountains in between. But it is very convenient. It's kinda perfect.

One great thing about my job is that I have access to awesome web things {I don't know its real name} So I have been asked to make invitations for showers and parties etc. I love it! This one is for a college girls fellowship on thursday! So fun! They consume my days...


Jonathan had been in Guatemala last week for a planning trip. He returned with lots of goodies :)


Fridays are the BEST! Since Jonathan, Seth and I all work at church, we get fridays off. It's so nice having somewhat of a three day weekend every week. Besides the fact that we "work" on Sundays. We all ate lunch at Pizza Shack {my first time} and it was delicious! I was feeling a change and ordered a supreme.. that is so out of my character but it was fan-tastic! and still treating me good 4 days later. Leftovers. 

The Price's trying to find the hidden coffee mug. They're so cute!


Hayes just hanging out. Eating a plate.


Me and my man.



For dinner we invited about 6 of our neighbors over to meet and hang out. Only two came, plus our honorary neighbors {Seth and Amanda}. They hung out for 2 1/2 hours and I think it was a total God thing that just those specific people came. We were all about the same age and it was just so much fun! They wanted to do it again and wanted to do a house rotation. cool. This is one of Jonathan's favorite dips and I give out the recipe every time I take it some where. So I'll share it with you. Super easy and yummy!

Wheat thin dip

a thing of cream cheese
a thing of sour cream
a bag of shredded cheddar cheese
a packet of onion soup mix
a small bag of real bacon bits

mix. preheat oven to 400'. bake for 25-30 minutes. done.


Saturday, I rode with some girls to Memphis, since Jonathan was going to be there Sunday afternoon for his Ordination service at Faith Baptist. I got to my parents house to find an animal shelter. This dog is a handful. They were dog sitting my brothers dog for the weekend. Elvis.


Orlando.


My parents took me to eat at Joe's Crab Shack and my mom and I split the crawfish bucket. I just can't get enough of it.


It would never be a true Memphis trip without a Howard's run.


Confession time:
This is a chair cover that my parent's kept from my old room. Cats everywhere. On my pillows, on the curtains, on the bedspread, in picture frames, and don't forget the border that wrapped all the around my room. All Cats. 
Meow.


I had to stay on track with my couch to 5K so off I went. This is a view of my parent's house from my jog.


Sunday night was such a sweet time as Jonathan was Ordained into the Gospel Ministry. We had all the family there and afterwards we all celebrated at Firebirds. And this is the ONLY picture I took. Tiff made front page!


Last week I was cooking and dropped a whole can of turkey grease on my kitchen rug. Small's has since then, eaten a hole in the rug trying to get all the grease up! So mad!


Last but not least

Our guest bedroom is finally almost* finished. Seth and Jonathan built this beautiful headboard from old pallets. The bedspread I found at tjmaxx for a great price and other knick knacks I already had. It still needs some work. Now all we need is some guests! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment