Saturday, May 19, 2012

Busy Busy Busy

And we're back! Boy has it been a crazy past few weeks! Between work and work and play, there has been no time for blog. First of all let me say how thankful I am for our neighborhood. Its such an amazing feeling knowing you can walk to a pool whenever you feel like. And roll your eyes if you wish, but it is such a great ministry tool. yea right? A couple Sundays ago, Jonathan and I went swimming after church. We have been trying to meet as many neighbors as possible through dinners and walking around the block and such. While we were at the pool, a couple we haven't really made a connection with yet were there with their baby girl. We clicked. and the day before we left for vacation, they came over to our house just to say hey! Stayed for hours. Its a start.


 We headed off to Arkansas for a lake weekend with some friends and we had a blast! So beautiful!


A little tubing


Seven person pyramid (Jonathan is in there somewhere)


Senior Sunday
We got home from the lake to rise up early and make pancakes for upcoming college freshman and their families. If I don't ever see another pancake in my life... I'm alright with that! 200 pancakes. Yuck.


Brandon Day 5K
Our church put on a 5K run at Brandon Day this year. No No, I didn't run in it. But I was asked to make the awards for ones who did and placed. It was a very interesting roller coaster of emotions as they didn't turn out the way I planned, but of course, it all worked out in the end. Why do I ever doubt. 


Another happy surprise... The Nason's came to town! Jane, Mike, Allen and Kam came for the weekend. One thing I hate about Brandon, Mississippi is that our family lives in Memphis, Tennessee... But we love the days we get to see them!

Busy? YES. Work has been a crazy place too. Between preparing Parent/Child Dedication, VBS and our summer wednesday night programs.. Life has been nuts. But I LOVE being so busy. {Weird} Next week we leave town for a week of Vacation!!! It couldn't come at a better time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment