Monday, March 26, 2012

My parents came to town

My parents were able to get away for the weekend and visit their favorite children, and Jonathan and I were glad to have them! It was very productive and not one bit long enough. I meant to take a picture of us all together, but it just never happened. 

So, {insert family picture here} 

Saturday we woke up ready to get to work. Since Jonathan and I are new to this house thing, my parents were just the help we needed. We started at Home Depot, (My dad knows every inch of that store) and stocked up on some fertilizer, pine straw, and a few flowers. We clipped and chopped and dug until we rid my flower bed of them pesky weeds. It was hard work! But it looks MUCH better!


 I can't wait till this one is in full bloom! Cutest little flowers.
 Pretty Stoked about my Tomato plant. My grandmother had the greenest thumb and I'm hoping I got a little of it in my blood. Time will tell...
 We planted some little orange flowers along the walk way and in a planter :)

 LOVE
 My dad used his specialties and hung things in our garage. I like clean.

 We also went mattress shopping for our guest bedroom. It will be here tomorrow and this is the headboard I am making for it. {from Pinterest of course} cant wait! 
Such a great weekend but way too short! Thanks mom and dad for everything!

{A little funny}
So being new homeowners there are things we still haven't quite mastered. We were showing my parents our attic and they were asking how we changed our air filter. Our what? We had NO idea we were ever supposed to change that. We found it in our hall ceiling and it was FILTHY! It probably hasn't been changed in a year! eww.. Live and learn....

No comments:

Post a Comment